The nice go club

Information about previous trips
Carl Johan
Administratör

The nice go club

Post by Carl Johan »

The updates have been less frequent lately. The reason for this is not that less has happened, but rather that our stay here has become somewhat more routine, and the events here somewhat more regular.

On the 10th and 18th, we visited the go club of a famous female 5p. This may be the most exclusive club in Beijing. The first time she commented her win in fast games competition versus Nie Weiping, and the 2nd time, we just played. Our result was quite good. Ma Xiaochun also came to the club for a quick visit. Martin Li has already posted some pictures from this event at a Chinese BBS.

The weekend we also visited the Beijing zoo, and had a Swedish lunch at IKEA. The dolphin show was the highlight of the day, and the Swedish meatballs weren't really worth much, except the lingonberries.

This week and the last we also had some of Bao Yuns friends visit to play with us. We have also regularly visited the go club, and the lectures every morning have continued. The Go Seigen fuseki studies we have been looking at is one highlight.

On Wednesday, we again visited the Chinese go association for a friendship game between China and Taiwan. And, in fact, I met the same Taiwan player as I met at the Pair Go Championship in Tokyo last fall. During this visit we also had an opportunity to play some of the Taiwan players. On Thursday, the strongest Taiwan player and some players from Tsinghua University joined us for dinner after some friendly games in the apartments.

Lately, we also had some movie nights, and I had time to squeeze in Kill Bill 2, Intolerable cruelty and The triplets of Belleville. However, as some people are somewhat tired of go, the DVD player seems to be going strong every night now.

Some more events that I haven't been part of... a visit to a central book store to buy go books, where Daniel got the jackpot with 25 books in his bag, a game at the laserdome that some people planned today (www.startrooper.net, thanks Max for the tip), and the China football game the other night (China won 5-0).

For the record, I still haven't visited the Forbidden City or the Summer Palace. And Beijing is getting hotter for every day, so a day in the sun is less and less tempting. Tonight it may be time for street go again...
Boerje

Post by Boerje »

WHAT AM I DOING IN SWEDEN!?!?
Draknishar

Post by Draknishar »

cursed be work and money!
Shindekudasai - Scrapped Princess
bjorn

I sommarpalatset utan kamera...

Post by bjorn »

Carl Johan wrote:For the record, I still haven't visited the Forbidden City or the Summer Palace. And Beijing is getting hotter for every day, so a day in the sun is less and less tempting. Tonight it may be time for street go again...
Jag var en gång till sommarpalatset. Det finns en lång övertäckt gång -utmed stranden tror jag- som är fullproppad med bilder av olika historiska scener. Flera av dessa var gomotiv! Än idag förbannar jag mig själv att jag inte hade kamera med (är det inte otroligt så säg).

Björn
Boerje

Post by Boerje »

På tal om gomotiv, denna bild finns på en mur längs med tredje ringvägen inte långt från lägenheterna.

http://www.lunajstorm.se/kinaalbum/slides/DSCN1353.html

Är det go de spelar? Eller kan det vara fem-i-rad?
bjorn

Post by bjorn »

Boerje wrote:På tal om gomotiv, denna bild finns på en mur längs med tredje ringvägen inte långt från lägenheterna.

http://www.lunajstorm.se/kinaalbum/slides/DSCN1353.html

Är det go de spelar? Eller kan det vara fem-i-rad?
Jag tycker det ser ut som go. Charmig var den också.

Det lär nog dröja typ 100 år innan sådana här barnteckningar blir vanliga i sverige :-(
Fast, varför barnen skulle föredra go framför dataspel om 100 år har jag ingen aning om...

Där har vi en verklig tiotusenkronorsfråga!

Björn