TaiChi and blind go

Information about previous trips
Carl Johan
Administratör

TaiChi and blind go

Post by Carl Johan »

A short report today.

The Tai chi continued on Monday, and ended in a friendly Chinese restaurant. With the help of some locals that joined us we could understand the menu.

Tuesday we played frisbee in the morning and I played Harry and An 6d during the day. The day was finished at a restaurant with only donkey meat. I was a little skeptical, but the donkey burgers were delicious.

Today, An 6d held a seminar. He emphasized the fundamentals, and how he only teaches his students variations that they can understand. It is up to the student himself to come up with a good battle plan, the teacher can only provide the weapons.

He also mentioned some of his games from yesterday. He said that he had changed his play against me in the second game, to leave weaknesses, and so be able to counter-attack, as I played very aggressively in our first game. He was certainly right, this plan has succeeded perfectly. And imagine, he was playing 7 games simultanously at the time!

In the evening I played with BaoYun, first in a 13 stone game where he tried to kill all my stones (it was close!) and then in a blind go game where Cheng-Lan had to take over after I made a mistake in the avalanche. The result is still not decided as I write...